Windows Server® 2016
(OEM, ROK) FOR FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY/PRIMEQUEST
WITH THE RELEASE OF THE WINDOWS SERVER® 2016 OPERATING
SYSTEM FUJITSU EXPANDS ITS OFFERING OF X86 PRIMERGY SERVER
BASED OPERATING SYSTEMS
Windows Server 2016 Windows Server 2016 delivers a cloudinspired solution that modernize your infrastructure to enhance operations while maintaining security, resilience, and performance.
Windows Server 2016:
- Gives you new capabilities to prevent attacks and detect suspicious activity with features to control privileged access, protect virtual machines and harden the platform against emerging threats.
- Reduce your datacenter footprint, increase availability, and reduce resource usage with "just enough OS" using the Nano Server deployment option, with an image that is size 6%-13% of Windows Server 2016 with the full desktop experience.
- Deploy applications on multiple operating systems with best-in-class support for Linux on Hyper-V.
- Build highly available and scalable software-defined storage solutions at a fraction of SAN or NAS. Storage Spaces Direct uses standard servers with local storage to create converged or hyper-converged storage architectures.
- Create affordable business continuity and disaster recovery among datacenters with Storage Replica synchronous storage replication.
- Windows Server Containers bring the agility and density of containers to the Windows ecosystem, enabling agile application development and management.
- Use Hyper-V Containers for a unique additional level of isolation for containerized applications without any changes to the container image.
The following editions of Windows Server 2016 are available: Datacenter, Standard, Essentials and Windows Storage Server 2016. All products include an English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese and Korea user interface. Additional language packs are available for download.
The products ship packaged with the FUJTISU Server PRIMERGY system and are available in the PRIMERGY price list. Windows Server Client Access Licenses, Remote Desktop Services CAL, and the Windows Server Additional License are available after the purchase of the FUJTISU Server PRIMERGY system as well.
Products include a country-specific warranty.
ServerView Installation Manager, included with the FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY lets you install Windows Server 2016 on the FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY system hardware. Windows Server 2016 (OEM, ROK) can be installed as a guest operating system on Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft
Hyper-V Server 2016 and 2012 R2, and
VMware hosts. For installation of Windows Server 2016 (OEM, ROK) on VMware hosts, please follow Fujitsu's readme on Fujitsu VMware OEM media or binaries.