Symantec Backup Exec Continuous Protection Agent
Helping eliminate backup windows and enabling end users to retrieve previous versions of files without contacting IT, the Continuous Protection Agent works with the Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server to provide continuous disk-based data protection for remote file servers with LAN or WAN connectivity. By providing continuous disk-based protection, it simplifies backups by consolidating data protection to a central server, eliminates the backup window needed to protect each file server, and provides faster restores by ensuring business critical data is immediately accessible. As changes to files are protected continuously, point-in-time snapshots of each file server are captured and protected on the Continuous Protection Server to provide versioning and granular point-in-time recovery of files. End-users can seamlessly retrieve previous versions of files using Backup Exec Retrieve, a simple web-based recovery tool.
Symantec Backup Exec 10d for Windows Servers is the industry-leading Windows data protection solution designed for disk. It provides comprehensive, cost-effective, and certified backup and recovery-including continuous data protection. Centralized administration provides scalable management of distributed backup and remote servers. High-performance agents and options provide fast, flexible, and granular protection of servers.
- Simple, easy-to-use continuous data protection.
- Provides complete disk-to-disk-to-tape protection in one solution.
- Fully scalable solution, including centralized management and SAN support for growing businesses.
- Delivers fast, reliable backup and recovery for Windows servers, as well as desktops and laptops.
- Eliminates backup windows.
- Improves data and application availability.
- Provides granular protection for a wide variety of applications including Microsoft SQL and Exchange with key agents.