WinZip Self-Extractor creates self-extracting Zip files. These self-extracting Zip files are ideal for electronic file distribution, because they contain multiple compressed files, minimizing download time and ensuring that important files do not become separated.
Support for Jpeg Compression
- Create self-extracting Zip files that contain files compressed with Jpeg compression, delivering up to 25% compression of JPEG images with no loss in quality
Support for LZMA Compression
- Create self-extracting Zip files that contain files compressed with LZMA compression, delivering powerful compression for many file types
Support for WavPack Compression
- Create self-extracting Zip files that contain files compressed with WavPack compression, delivering lossless compression of .WAV (audio) files
Support for Zipx files
- Create self-extracting Zip files from .zipx files that are compressed with advanced compression technology.
- To ensure international characters are displayed for filenames in a Zip file
Support for Advanced Compression methods
- Supports PPMd and Enhanced Deflate compressed files
- WinZip Self-Extractor supports icon sizes of 16x16, 32x32, 48x48, 96x96, 128x128, and 256x256. Vista png format icons are also supported.
- WinZip Self-Extractor allows you to specify the privilege level at which self-extracting executables may be run. The "Run as Administrator" option lets you create self-extractors that will prompt Vista users for elevated privileges so self-extracting software installation packages have the required privilege level to run on the new OS.
Support for Advanced Encryption
- Create self-extracting Zip files that contain AES, 128- or 256-bit key, encrypted files.
- WinZip Self-Extractor is wizard driven, which simplifies the process of building self-extracting Zip files.