The Token-Ring GoCard ® from Madge combines market-leading parallel-tasking performance with Plug and Play ease of installation to provide a competitively priced, mobile, LAN connectivity tool.
For portable computers and desktop systems equipped with a PC Card slot, the Token-Ring GoCard is a versatile, easy-to-use tool that represents excellent value for money.
- Easy Plug and Play installation from all major network operating systems, or using the installation utility
- Novell NetWare client software
- Supports industry-standard Card and Socket Services
- Card Enabler provides a memory-efficient installation alternative
- Power management software reduces battery consumption
- Software-selectable 16 Mbps or 4 Mbps network speed
- Support for STP and UTP cabling through on-board, integrated media filter
- Support for Desktop Management Interface (DMI)
- SNMP agent available for effective network management
- Meets PC Card Type II specifications and IEEE 802.2 and 802.5 standards
- Simplified Network Management
The SNMP agent, which is available for the Token-Ring GoCard, facilitates the collection and analysis of data from the adapter by SNMP management systems such as IBM NetView or HP OpenView. This provides network managers with valuable statistical information to ease LAN planning and maintenance. The adapter is also prepared for use with the Desktop Management Interface (DMI), allowing it to interoperate with the network management functions in the latest generation of network operating systems and applications.