- Highest capacity tape cartridge built and tested to stringent LTOT UltriumT Generation 5 specifications
- Provides up to 3 TB (with 2:1 compression) of capacity in a single cartridge
- Available in rewritable and write once, read many cartridge (WORM) models
- Custom as well as blank and RFID-imbedded cartridge labels available
- All models support I/T data encryption standards
- New dual-partition capability designed to enhance the performance of time-encoding applications and support future tape innovations from IBM
- The ideal green storage for data centers, designed for long data retention and archiving with no power required at rest
- Designed to help improve read/write reliability by storing IBM's statistical media read/write analysis on every use of the cartridge when used with IBM LTO tape drives
- Designed to adhere to widely supported Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Ultrium design specifications
Highest capacity LTO cartridge helps optimize your storage requirements
With explosive growth in data, many organizations are struggling to manage, protect, mitigate risk, and maintain rapidly growing information assets while ensuring compliance with industry regulations. IBM invented the concept of magnetic tape computer storage back in 1952 and continues to lead the industry in tape innovation today. And our latest generation and largest capacity LTO media is designed to help control your massive storage growth and demanding costs requirements associated with backup and archiving.
IBM LTO Ultrium Generation 5 media has been designed to deliver exceptional capacity and reliability at a lower cost per GB than other types of storage medium.
Cartridge capacity of up to 3 TB (at 2:1 compression) helps reduce the number of cartridges and the amount of equipment, space and labor associated with tape-based storage. In addition, it helps reduce the time associated with backup and restore operations by reducing the amount of cartridge handling, further lowering operational costs.
Features, quality and innovation you demand from IBM
IBM's continuous development of innovative features and reliability assures that IBM LTO cartridges provide not only the highest reliability and data integrity that your business demands, but also support for other critical requirements like data encryption and fast access to data for time-critical applications.
The fifth generation of LTO tape media, IBM draws on over 60 years of experience as the inventor and supplier to the world of tape media for computer data storage. The latest generation adds advanced partitioning for specific applications and is the foundation for future innovative tape media capability.
Cartridges have been optimized and tested extensively in IBM LTO tape drives and tape libraries to help maximize performance, data integrity and data longevity. They are designed to withstand the rigors of normal use in both stand-alone and automated environments. Additionally, each cartridge is embedded with an LTO cartridge Memory (LTO-CM) chip, which enables fast, simultaneous transfer of cartridge-dependent data with IBM tape drives during loading and unloading to help further increase reliability. The burgundy cartridge color distinguishes it from previous generations of IBM LTO Ultrium Media in your data center.
IBM LTO Ultrium 5 data cartridges are compatible with LTO Generation 5 tape drives and tape libraries utilizing LTO generation 5 drives from IBM and other LTO generation 5 compliant suppliers.
|représentation / réalisation|
|Type de produit||Blank data tape|
|Capacité d'origine||1500 Go|
|Type de bande magnétique||LTO|
|Capacité (avec compression)||3000 Go|
|Couleur du produit||Marron|
|Température d'opération||10 - 45 °C|
|Humidité relative de fonctionnement (H-H)||10 - 80%|
|Poids et dimensions|
|Longueur de la bande||846 m|
|Épaisseur de la bande||6,4 µm|