| What is new
- DWG compare
- Compare and document the differences between 2 versions
of a drawing.
- Save to web and mobile
- Save drawings from your desktop to view and edit on the
AutoCAD web and mobile apps.
- 2D graphics
- Enjoy 2X faster zoom, pan, and change draw orders and
- Shared views
- Publish design views of your drawing in a web browser for
viewing and commenting.
- AutoCAD web app
- Create, edit, view, and share CAD drawings from any
device through the browser.
- AutoCAD mobile app
- View, create, edit, and share CAD drawings on your mobile
device with the AutoCAD mobile app.
- User interface
- Experience improved visuals with new flat-design icons
and 4K enhancements.
- PDF import
- Import geometry, SHX font files, fills, raster images,
and TrueType text into a drawing from a PDF.
| Features & Benefits
- User interaction
- Access your favorite tools easily when you need them
with the AutoCAD ribbon.
- Easily access your most frequently used content and
tools with customizable tool palettes.
- Command line
- Launch commands and respond to prompts quickly using
simple keystrokes, right at the command line.
- Multifunctional grips
- Easily reshape, move, or manipulate geometry with grip
- Object and layer transparency
- Control the transparency for selected objects or for
all objects on a layer.
- Dynamic blocks
- Add flexibility and intelligence to your block
references, including changing the shape, size, or configuration.
- Associative arrays
- Create and modify objects in circular or rectangular
patterns, or along a path.
- Object selection and isolation
- Find and select all objects that match the properties
of an object. Hide or unhide the selected objects.
- 2D drafting, drawing, and annotation
- Create a single or multiline text (mtext) as a single
text object. Format the text, columns, and boundaries.
- Smart dimensioning
- Create dimensions automatically. Pass the cursor over
selected objects to get a preview before you create it.
- Create leaders with a variety of content, including
text or blocks. Easily format leader lines, and define styles.
- Smart centerlines and center marks
- Create and edit centerlines and center marks that
automatically move when you move the associated objects.
- Create tables with data and symbols in rows and
columns, apply formulas, and link to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Revision clouds
- Draw revision clouds around new changes in a drawing to
quickly identify your updates.
- Specify the size of your drawing sheet, add a title
block, and display multiple views of your model.
- Layout viewports
- Create layout viewports to display different elements
of your design at varying scales.
- Use fields in text objects to display text that can be
updated automatically as the field value changes.
- Data linking
- Enable simultaneous updates by creating a live link
between a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and a table in your drawing.
- PDF and DGN import/export/underlay
- Share and reuse data from PDF and DGN files by
importing, exporting, or attaching them as underlays.
- DWG and image references
- Attach drawings and images to your current drawing as
externally referenced files.
- Sheet set manager
- View, access, manage, and plot multiple drawings as
- Geographic location and online maps
- Insert geographic location information into a drawing,
and display a map in the drawing from an online map service.
- Installation and customization
- TrustedDWG technology
- TrustedDWG technology lets you know of a possible
incompatibility when a file was not last saved by an Autodesk software.
- Migration tool
- Migrate your custom settings and files from previous
- CUI customization
- Customize the user interface to improve accessibility
and reduce the number of steps for frequent tasks.
- Sysvar monitor
- Monitor current system variables against a preferred
list of values. Notification balloons alert you of deviations.
- Autodesk desktop app
- Get alerts and install software updates without
disrupting your workflow. View tutorials about new features.