SpamAssassin in a Box is a powerful and reliable spam filter for
Service-Based Anti-Spam Solution for Windows
In addition to the famous email filter 'SpamAssassin', SpamAssassin in a Box also contains a Windows system service, making SpamAssassin controllable via the Windows Service Control Manager. Several enhancements (regarding, among others, stability, memory usage, signal handling) for running the spam filter on a Windows system are included.
The service monitors SpamAssassin's daemon 'SpamD' and updates the anti-spam rules automatically to guarantee a maximal efficiency of the spam filter.
Additional individual configuration options facilitate easy use. The software is suitable for use in Windows-based server systems, but is also supported by any other common Windows system.
SpamAssassin in a Box uses a scoring system to mark the likelihood of a email being spam. The spam score can then be used by the program handling your emails, usually the MTA (Message Transfer Agent), to decide how to proceed with the email. To obtain a complete anti-spam solution, you will have to connect SpamAssassin in a Box to your MTA. Many well-known MTAs support a corresponding connection or can be extended by this sort of link (e.g. Microsoft Exchange or hMailServer).
You require a virus scanner or a backup function? Then try the Exchange Server Toolbox or SmartPOP2Exchange. Both applications already include the SpamAssassin - you will not need to buy an additional version.
- Windows Port of the Famous Open Source Spam Filter SpamAssassin
- Efficient high-performance anti spam tool.
- Offers most of the functions and modules of the original Apache SpamAssassin as native Windows executables.
- Utilizes a variety of spam tests to score emails according to several spam criteria.
- To create a copmrehensive anti spam solution, SpamAssassin in a Box has to be connected to an existing Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) like MS Exchange or hMailServer.
- Improved Windows Compatibility
- Optimized memory usage guarantees maximum efficiency.
- Further improvements ensure optimal stability when running the spam filter on windows-based systems.
- Custom user settings (user_prefs) can be used to change the spam filter configuration while the system is running.
- Installs the SpamAssassin Daemon (SpamD) as a Windows Service
- The integrated Windows Service optimizes memory usage and ensures maximum efficiency.
- Loads and shuts down the spam filter with the operating system.
- Restarts the SpamAssassin Daemon SpamD automatically in case of errors.
- Logs important events (e.g. anti spam rules updates) in the Windows Event Log.
- The spamfilter can be controlled easily via the Windows Service Control Manager (SCM).
- Many Useful Extensions
- Periodically updates the SpamAssassin anti spam rules to guarantee maximum efficiency.
- SpamAssassin default rules plus several additional anti spam rules are included.
- Spam filter and system service configuration can easily be managed using the Windows registry.